Ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said on Saturday that the decision regarding the alliance with Raj Thackeray’s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) will be made at the right time.
As the BJP is in negotiations with Mahayuti Alliance comprising Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena and Nationalist Congress Party-Ajit Pawar faction on the seat sharing formula, some reports emerged about BJP having talks with MNS.
Fadnavis said, “MNS has taken an extensive stand; this is not different from our (BJP) stand. We believe in regional pride. The rights of ‘Marathi manush’ must be protected in Maharashtra, and they must play a wider role”.
Fadnavis admitted that there is not much difference between the stand of Raj Thackeray’s party and the BJP.
“MNS has spoken about Hindutva, besides ‘Marathi manush’. So, there is not much difference between the stand of MNS and BJP,” he said.

Fadnavis also clarified that inferences cannot be drawn about what will happen with the alliance with MNS in the upcoming elections; it will happen after discussion and at the appropriate time.
“As far as elections are concerned, it is a matter of discussion. The right decisions are taken at the right time,” he said.
Informing about seat sharing in the state, Fadnavis said, “The discussion about seat sharing in Maharashtra is going in a positive direction, 80 per cent of the issues have been resolved. Discussions are underway on the remaining 20 per cent of issues.”
He also expressed confidence that they would resolve all issues and form a good alliance in the state.
Earlier on Thursday, Fadnavis asserted that everything is going well between the Mahayuti Alliance in the state and discussion is still underway on two or three seats that will be resolved soon.
Addressing a press conference, Fadnavis said whenever it comes to ticket distribution for the Lok Sabha, it is based on the ground reality only.
“Everything is going well between the three parties of our alliance. Discussion is still going on two or three seats on which there was a deadlock but that too will be resolved soon. There is no dispute of any kind between us. There should not be any speculation about the seats before the announcement because it seems incorrect. Whatever decision will be taken will come before you in a day or two,” he said. (ANI)