On account of a rise in Covid-19 cases across India, the Uttarakhand government has issued fresh guidelines for celebrations of Holi festival. Earlier this week, the central government had advised states to put in place local restrictions during the festive season.
The Uttarakhand government’s guidelines include,
- During Holika Dahan ceremony, in which a fire is burnt on the eve of the festival, only 50 per cent of people will be allowed to be present.
- Those above 60 years of age and children below ten years are advised not to participate in the ceremony and celebrations. People with serious illnesses too are requested to refrain from attending.
- In containment zones, Holi celebrations will be completely banned. In those areas, people can only celebrate within their own homes.
- Colours should be avoided.
- Food items should not be distributed and shared. If it is absolutely necessary, disposable utensils should be used for the same.