Bombay HC begins hearing Kangana’s plea seeking stay on demolition at her Mumbai home

Share

The Bombay High Court began hearing actor Kangana Ranaut’s plea challenging the notice issued by the Mumbai civic body for ‘illegal construction’ at her bungalow in Mumbai.

“We filed a petition this morning seeking urgent hearing. We have sought a stay on the demolition process by way of interim relief,” Ranaut’s advocate Rizwan Siddiqui told news agency PTI.

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Wednesday demolished “illegal alterations” at the Bandra bungalow of Ranaut, a civic official said.

The actor shared photos of the officials demolishing parts of her bungalow and called it the “death of democracy”. “Pakistan…. #deathofdemocracy”, she tweeted.

Sharing another set of pictures of the demolition squad, she wrote, “Babar and his army”.

“As I am all set for Mumbai Darshan on my way to the airport,Maha government and their goons are at my property all set to illegally break it down, go on! I promised to give blood for Maharashtra pride this is nothing take everything but my spirit will only rise higher and higher,” she had earlier tweeted.